The Wider Regional Network
The Northern RDA Alliance (NRDAA) comprises eight RDAs whose regions make up Northern Australia. This network has been meeting to explore common interests. Our aim is to support cross-jurisdictional policies, inform the prioritisation of investment, and collaborate on regional projects, to ensure the sustainable development of northern Australia.
The NRDAA has identified the following priorities:
- connecting northern Australia through strategic road infrastructure;
- investigating solutions to shortfalls in regional and remote telecommunications;
- working towards a northern Australian energy strategy;
- securing access to potable water for northern Australian communities;
- monitoring progress towards the development of a collaborative research initiative supporting agriculture; and
- exploring incentive options to lift northern Australian investment and liveability.